Thursday 26 January 2012

Renee Kitchen for Grazia.it

Renee Kitchen for Grazia.it.

As it is still Australia Day (just!), I thought it was fitting to post one of my Aussie Girl Next Door features for Grazia.it. Click on over to find more photographs of Renee, and her little interview.

I met up with model and student, Renee, when I was in Melbourne in November last year. With her super cute short haircut and gamine beauty, she reminds me of another of my gorgeous Girl's Next Door, Anne-Catherine.

Lovely Renee, who actually thought I was there to film her rather than take photographs (eep! If my iphone videos are anything to go by, I would be rubbish at videoing anything without massive amounts of camera shake!), welcomed me into the inner-city apartment she shares with her mama. Originally from Geelong, Renee now lives in Melbourne where she is studying Textile Design and Development at university (although this year she is hoping to transfer to Visual Merchandising) while modelling as well. Super organised (she had all of her outfits set out before I got there), Renee also has a great sense of style, both of which are essential for styling or fashion buying, which is what she wants to do when she gets "into the real world" as she describes it. Renee's style is classic cut with quirky, whimsical, almost rebellious little twists like the bone necklace in the first outfit, the round, heavily printed sunglasses (which her boyfriend hates but she still wears...got to love that!), the acid yellow necklace wrapped around her wrist. She finds inspiration in vintage books and magazines, and from her mum who has a fantastic design aesthetic as well (as evidenced by the stack of magazines on their coffee table).

So where were Renee's outfits from?

Beige jacket and leather shorts: All about Eve , pale blue button-up shirt: Vintage Susan, bone necklace:: Shappere, shoes: Kinki Gerlinki, sunglasses: Ison

Sleeveless fruity top: Gorman, camel skirt: American Apparel

Red tank top: Sportsgirl , black jeans: Cheap Monday

Black shirt: All about Eve, black jeans: Cheap Monday, yellow necklace (worn around wrist): Escapulario. 

Many thanks to Renee's agent, Viviens, in Melbourne.

32 comments:

  1. She is beautiful. Her haircut and makeup are perfect for her.

    ReplyDelete
  2. All gorgeous photos, but the series of her in all black with just the bright jewelry - stunning. I definitely got the Anne-Catherine vibe too!
    acleanercloset.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. She's so lovely! That fourth picture is just darling!

    xo
    http://couturecultureblog.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. always dig your photoshoots. every girl you work with look so natural and comfortable in their skin!

    ReplyDelete
  5. cute looks, absolutely fabulous hair style!

    Bises,
    monkeyshines
    http://monkeyshines-monkeyshines.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. beautiful woman :)
    S.
    checkout: www.sinfulimperfection.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful girl. I really love the all black outfit with that great yellow neacklace worn as a bracelet.

    ReplyDelete
  8. OMG! I fall in love one more time. Renee and Anne-catherine are definitvly my faves.
    http://www.les-femmes-aux-cheveux-courts.com/

    ReplyDelete
  9. How is it possible for anyone to be this beautiful?!!! Honestly, she is GORGEOUS. As a Stylist + Photographer, I would kill to photograph her. Amazing. Please promise me you will photograph her again one day.

    http://petarudd.com

    Loving your work more and more all the time, Vanessa! xx

    ReplyDelete
  10. Thanks so much everyone!

    @Sing- isn't her lipstick fab! I love it against her black hair. Mmmm I was at the hairdresser the other day and one of the girls had on the most divine red lipstick, think she said it was from Maybelline...I think I might treat myself to it today.

    @Val and @jeaneg- Ha Ha! Yeah, even my mama thought she had the Anne-Catherine thing going on :)

    @Lauren@Styleseer- it is a lovely pop of colour isn't it.....I am thinking hot pink or turquoise would look amazing as well.

    @Joy- thank you! That is lovely of you to say :)

    @Peta- isn't she beautiful :) I would love to do a "proper" shoot with her in a field or something. Make-up artist, stylist, the works!! Hope you are well Peta and that you had a good Aussie Day yesterday??!!

    ReplyDelete
  11. So gorgeous I cannot stand it! Love the neon yellow bracelet in the last photographs.

    Collections

    ReplyDelete
  12. so pretty and fresh! I love the post.

    ReplyDelete
  13. Hello there sweetie! I just found your blog, congrats I LOVE it! AWESOME post and outfit!
    Would you like to check my personal blog and why not follow each-other? Let me know!
    Come and check my cooking blog 2 if you are interested!
    Hope to hear from you!

    Hope you're having a great evening!
    http://kikisbookofdreams.blogspot.com/

    My cooking blog, support me:
    http://kikiscookingtime.blogspot.com/

    xoxo Kiki

    ReplyDelete
  14. lovely, j'adore her on last look!
    her gace is soo cute!

    ReplyDelete
  15. she is absolutely gorgeous! but of course your photography skills help that! i love the yellow neon color with the black! Happy Friday love,



    love from San Francisco,
    Britt+Whit

    ReplyDelete
  16. OMG, that face is perfect! I want her eyebrows now! Hahhaha, beautiful cheekbones, too!

    ReplyDelete
  17. C'est magnifique!! I've pinned quite a few of your photos on my pinterest! Hope you don't mind!

    ReplyDelete
  18. Do it Vanessa!! I would love to see an editorial shot by you & if you ever want a Stylist with a vintage meets modern, quirky twist, then I'm definitely your girl! x

    ReplyDelete
  19. @Peta- Righto then, can you please come over here so we can do it!! Hellllloooo I am totally into vintage meets modern! Seriously, if you have any plans for a trip to London, hit me up :)

    @Hogger and Co- no problem at all! I love Pinterest although I don't pin (yet) myself.

    @Bonne- she has glorious cheekbones and eyebrows doesn't she!

    @Britt+Whit- thank you xx

    ReplyDelete
  20. These photos are fantastic, and I just used Renee's hairstyle and inspiration for my latest cut!

    crescouture.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  21. Wow she is so beautiful, i love this shoot, congrats. I want those leather shorts, badly..

    xo
    www.typedotwrite.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  22. Amazing style and all photos are really well done!

    http://acupofmary.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  23. She is probably the cutest girl on your blog. Omg cute.

    ReplyDelete
  24. She is beautiful, love her fresh faced look. Stunning shots as ever.

    ReplyDelete
  25. chic and playful!
    http://yunstation.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  26. Love the all black look with bright accessoiries!

    ReplyDelete
  27. Thanks so much everyone- I think Renee will appreciate the comments if she does see this post :))

    @Emma- are you getting a lot of hair chopped off ? or do you already have short hair? report back if you get a dramatic cut!

    ReplyDelete
  28. Beautiful, stylish and cute. Wow.

    http://brightonstylememos.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  29. I just love girls that can sport really short hair and still look super feminine!! She's just beautiful and feminine whitout being obvious and that's refreshing!!!
    Being a Brazilian girl I think I'm just used to girls that are terrified about short hair maybe that's why I think I love girly girls with super short hair!!!
    Anyway, she's too cute and the photos are amazing!!! Definetely an inspiration!!

    ReplyDelete